NEWTON, Mass.—TripAdvisor announced the winners of its 2014 Travelers’ Choice awards for hotels. In the 12th year of the awards, the world’s most outstanding properties were identified in the categories of Top Hotels, Bargain, B&Bs and Inns, Family, Luxury, Romance, and Small Hotels.
“We’re excited to recognize the world’s best properties, based on the opinions of those who know them best—the millions of travelers around the globe who come to TripAdvisor to share their experiences,” said Barbara Messing, chief marketing officer for TripAdvisor. “For those seeking inspiration for their 2014 travel planning, this list of spectacular accommodations that received 2014 Travelers’ Choice awards is a perfect place to start.”
Travelers’ Choice award winners were determined based on the reviews and opinions of TripAdvisor travelers around the globe. In total, 7,123 unique properties worldwide won awards in 2014. Italy featured the most unique hotel winners with 152, the U.K. had 145 properties recognized, and the U.S. and France each featured 144 award winners.
The top 10 hotels in the U.S. include:
- The Grand Del Mar, San Diego, California
- French Quarter Inn, Charleston, South Carolina
- Bardessono, Yountville, California
- Allison Inn and Spa, Newberg, Oregon
- Five Pine Lodge and Spa, Sisters, Oregon
- 21c Museum Hotel Bentonville, Bentonville, Arkansas
- Tivoli Lodge, Vail, Colorado
- The Sherry-Netherland Hotel, New York City, New York
- Four Seasons Resort Hualalai at Historic Ka’upulehu, Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
- The Oxford Hotel, Bend, Oregon
All 7,123 unique winners of the 2014 TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice awards for hotels can be found at http://www.tripadvisor.com/TravelersChoice.