The Broadmoor Prepares for Multi-Year $60 Million Renovation
Colorado Springs—The Broadmoor announced a $60 million renovation project that will take place over the next two years. The multi-phase renovation includes the expansion and redesign of guestrooms and suites and extensive updates to food and beverage outlets and meetings, events, and activity facilities. READER COMMENTS
"After many months of planning, we are extremely pleased to embark on this multi-faceted renovation. The designs perfectly complement The Broadmoor's classic ambiance, refinement and original grandeur," said Steve Bartolin, president, The Broadmoor, in an announcement.
In May 2012, the first phase of renovations was completed. This included the re-opening of the Southlake building guestrooms and suites and a new look for Cheyenne Lodge, one of the hotel's meeting and event facilities. The Southlake building now features a new exterior and landscaping, new entry vestibules, 16 new patios, and 21 newly renovated rooms, of which 8 are suites.
The Broadmoor's 6,300 square-foot Cheyenne Lodge, offering both indoor and outdoor conference and event space, has a new look that features a rustic exterior with timbers and split logs.
Further renovations expected to be completed by April 2013 include:
- Tavern Garden Room: The Tavern's Garden Room will be rebuilt and an abundance of florals will be added to the plant life. The Tavern will remain open for dining during this renovation.
- Golden Bee: The dining facility will be expanded, almost doubling in size and will debut a new façade and covered rooftop, reminiscent of a 19th century London pub.
- Activity Center: The Broadmoor is adding an activity center in Broadmoor West featuring bowling lanes, billiards, board games, food and beverage offerings, and more. The activity center is designed to appeal to families, teens and individuals, as well as special events and private group functions.
Renovations expected to be completed by April 2014 include:
- West Lobby Bar: The West Lobby Bar will be redesigned and expanded to include a living room with a fireplace and an outdoor terrace.
- New Italian Restaurant: To further complement the dining options at The Broadmoor, the restaurant will open with décor reminiscent of a historic Italian villa and a menu focused on authentic, high quality ingredients sourced from Italy.
- Broadmoor West: Expansion of rooms, baths and lobbies and redesign of the building exterior will give West the character and charm reminiscent of the historic main building. All rooms will feature five fixture marble baths with combination of terrace, balconies, French doors, and Juliet balconies.
Wednesday, June 05, 2013 by green modular homes
Tm2U9i Hey, thanks for the article post.Really looking forward to read more. Great.